Portico is among the largest community-supported digital archives in the world. Working with libraries, publishers, and funders, we preserve e-journals, e-books, and other electronic scholarly content to ensure researchers and students will have access to it in the future.
The following fundamental principles are vital to our approach:
- A sustainable economic model. Portico’s operating costs are covered by diverse sources including hundreds of publishers and libraries worldwide. More
- Clear legal rights. Agreements with content providers ensure we have the rights to preserve content and make it accessible when needed. More
- Relationships. We work with the global preservation community to ensure we deliver the smartest, most reliable, and sustainable solutions possible. More
- Best practices. Our technological infrastructure is designed according to standards to support long-term preservation. More
- Transparency. Portico serves the academic community. It is your archive. We are open about our preservation strategy and the content preserved. More