Why Librarians Choose Portico
- Scope – Portico preserves one of the largest and broadest collection of e-journals and e-books of any third-party preservation service. Portico also preserves a growing set of d-collections.
- Binding Agreements – By creating and maintaining legal agreements with publishers, Portico has in place a clearly defined, long-term preservation service including the access rights libraries need.
- Savings – By transitioning to electronic resources, libraries’ costs associated with print subscriptions, handling, and storage are reduced.
- Approach – Portico’s comprehensive approach to digital preservation combines long-term content management and organizational commitment with a dedication to addressing the needs of tomorrow’s scholars.
- Support – Participating libraries enjoy a practical means to act upon their traditional preservation mandate, along with personal service and assistance that only a dedicated digital preservation staff can offer.
Learn more about Library Participation
Why Publishers Choose Portico
- Fulfill Library Demand – Participating publishers are able to fulfill library demand for a trusted, reliable, third-party digital archive. Publishers have the option of allowing Portico to facilitate the fulfillment of post-cancellation access claims.
- Streamlined Operations – Participation in Portico relieves publishers of the obligation to convert source files to archival formats and to conduct future content or format migrations as technology changes.
- Reduced Costs – Participation in Portico gives publishers the opportunity to reduce or potentially eliminate current internal archiving activities and related costs.
Learn More About Publisher Participation