Portico is a service of ITHAKA and is overseen by its Board of Trustees. The trustees represent all members of the academic community with an interest in the long-term preservation of scholarly content, including university presidents, librarians, publishers, and faculty members.
In addition, an advisory committee of librarians and publishers is dedicated specifically to Portico. The committee ensures the careful review and guidance of Portico’s policies and approach, as well as consistency with best practices in digital preservation.
Advisory committee members
- Scott Delman, director of publishing, Association of Computing Machinery (ACM)
- Susan Doerr, associate director of the University of Minnesota Press; co-founder of Manifold
- Daniel Dollar, associate university librarian for collections, preservation and digital scholarship, Yale University Library
- Meredith R. Evans, director of the Jimmy Carter Presidential Library and Museum
- Carol Mandel, distinguished Presidential Fellow at the Council on Library Information and Resources, and dean emerita of New York University (NYU) Libraries
- Frank Menchaca, chief product officer, SAE International
- Brian Schottlaender, principal, re:work library consulting; director, UCLA Library Sr. Fellows Program; Emeritus University Librarian, UC San Diego